Today we walked all around the city...twice! Once during the day and again at night...it looks like a different place at night! We walked about 15 miles!! Went to the Embassy, Hard Rock Cafe for lunch, Plaza del Sol, Biblioteca Nacional, and lots in between. Our feet are Tired!! Oh, tonight we sat at a little sidewalk cafe in an alley and had hot churros that we dipped in hot melted dark chocolate! yum yum
-Panda oso
We also did a lot of my favorite thing-people watching. You know you walked a lot when you start seeing familiar homeless people and dogs. Spaniards wear some very strange clothing, and they're way into shoes! There are stereotypes about Spain that are totally true, including the fact that half the population rides scooters and motorbikes (and the other half nearly kill each other in smart cars), the guys are gorgeous, nobody sleeps, and everyone smokes. I mean everyone. Spanish tv is another thing I'd like to discuss. While in the hotel husa princessa I've watched Baywatch Nights (David Hasselhoff is even greater in spanish), Chuck Norris, and a few American shows like CSI and How I Met Your Mother all in Spanish and it is hilarious. The actors they choose to dub over voices aren't even close. And the Spanish-produced tv and movies are even better...so dramatic, like a soap opera but ten times worse, hahaha.
-Teddy
what about the stereotype about how Spaniards are incredibly racist? have you seen that one yet?
ReplyDelete